Battle.net is not responding

Hey Patrick,

There’s a host of behaviors that can result in a play restriction in D2. See here for the details. Often, it’s changing characters to quickly, changing spells too quickly or logging in and out too quickly.

Hi the last thing i was doing was sitting in a channel doing nothing but talking to my friend then i exited out of battle.net clicking the x on the window mode that was it. The next day i wasn’t allowed in. I did nothing else that would cause a restriction why am i being banned for nothing wrong?

1 Like

If you received a temp restriction, you did something that tripped the system. The restriction can be delayed so it doesn’t have to coincide with what you were doing at the moment.

How was exiting out of battle.net a cause of a temp ban? I also didn’t advertise or anything during my chat with my friend. I’m being punished for doing nothing wrong? May i also add that if im banned from closed battle.net why can’t i join open battle.net? Open battle.net i have freedom to do things that would normally cause a ban on closed battle.net so why can’t i have a choice to still be able to go on open battle.net?

It likely wasn’t simply exiting out of the game, or because you didn’t nothing wrong. Like I said, the restriction doesn’t always coincided what the last thing you did. The link I provided above provides a long list of possible reasons for a restriction.

…and why is open battle.net restricted? Open battle.net im allowed more freedoms.

Unfortunately, I don’t know why Open Bnet is blocking you. It is possible that it’s experiencing issues.

perhaps both are having issues and i never really was banned

At the time we were posting, I was able to jump on to both closed and open Bnet so they seemed to be working. It’s possible that since open Bnet requires a login to get to the lobby, just like closed Bnet does, open gets restricted as well because the Bnet authentication process is blocked.

You can find out if you are restricted by submitting a support ticket here.

For the required files, just create new text files, put at least something inside them (don’t leave them blank), and save them with the appropriate name.

Support will be able to tell if you are restricted and for how much longer, but they won’t tell you the cause.

yeah im having the same problem

Im confused about submitting a required file. What do i do exactly? Make a notepad and type my account name on it and then how long im restricted? i have no idea how to fill out any of that stuff.

Yep. Start with notepad. Make three files and name them “Traceroute”, “Msinfo” and “Dxdiag”. Inside each one, put something, even just a single character (because the system won’t accept the files if they are empty). Then upload them.
NOTE: The reason you can submit fake files is because you are asking about a temporary play restriction. If you were having actual connection issues, you’d have to produce the actual Traceroute, Msinfo and Dxdiag files.

In the “Description” box at the bottom, explain that you want to know if you’re restricted and for how much longer.

Ok I did exactly that and submitted the ticket and awaiting a ticket master to answer or something did I do this right?

As long as you received a confirmation number after submitting, you’re good to go. Ticket response times usually run in the 12-48 hour range.

I have just installed Diablo 2 after alot of problems im now stuck in this “battle.net is not responding” Is that becuse my keys are banned? How can I find oute?

I received the message that i’m restricted until 3/30/21. If my restriction is vpn related will it be from my norton virus software? My norton has vpn so as long as i turn it off before playing the game i shouldn’t be restricted anymore right?

Right. As long as the VPN isn’t active when attempting to connect to Bnet, you’re safe.

In other words, just having it installed is okay. It just can’t be running when connecting.

ok thx. i mightve had a day i turned it on forgetting i was connected in battle.net cause the other days i remember having it off.

I’m having the same issue, was playing the game and logged out for a couple of hours went to get back on and battel net not responding, Its been like this since Tuesday last week, I’m trying to get a ticket but I can’t seem to get 1. I have been playing Diablo since it first came out over 20 years ago and this is the first time I have ever had any problems with it, but trying to get it sorted is a joke, you send emails and nobody ever answers them, like most companies I guess only happy to take your money any issues after that we’ll take our time in sorting them out.

I see battle net can’t be bothered about the old games now its been 6 days and nothing at all from battle net about why I’m being restricted, its been 6 days now. Surely if they are going to restrict you they should at the very lease send you an email stating that they have blocked your access to battle net for what ever reason.

The only thing I can think of is a player came into my game when I was trading and I refused to take what he was offering for my item, he them started insulting me and my mother and left the game so I send a private message in retaliation, he them came back to another game the next day and insulting my mother again and left the game straight away so I private messaged him again calling him a retarded moron, if he reported me for this and got me blocked then surely he should have the same restrictions put on them. But battle net should of investigated it by contacting me about why I would say something like this, you can clearly see I was retaliating for something and if battle net want their account name I can give it to them because the insults were so bad I took notice of their account name, but just put it down to someone wanting things for nothing and didn’t see the point in reporting them.