Battle.net is not responding please try again in a few minutes

hello there, two days ago now i had bought d2 classic, and on first launch (and ever since) iv gotten stuck on a checking versions page, and it will end with battle.net is not responding please try again in a few minutes.
at somewhat of a loss for diagnosis, as it never actually worked. idk if i had been accidentally banned or if some sort of setting is wrong somewhere. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have not run a vpn, no botting, nothing, just a simple first launch.

1 Like

UsaEast server is lagging really bad. Many people cannot play, they got disconnected and their cd key is stuck in use forever. It’s been posted about multiple times but no response from blizzard. Issue is getting worse . Hopefully they automatic server restart will happen tomorrow or tuesday that will fix it.

Teddy,

Your issue is unrelated to the problems everybody else was having, though thanks for trying to help, femmefatal.

You were temporarily restricted from the server. Please reinstall Diablo II using your new CD keys and wait for the ban to expire. You should be able to access the game again on the 15th of May, 14 days after your original ban.

I seem to be having a similar issue. Can you please help with mine?

It was 2 weeks after I uninstall and it still won’t let me in and installed it back. From Drakuloth’s link, it says to get a new ip address. Wish I had just did this from the beginning, because it worked. Can’t believe I waited for 2 weeks and not just try this first. Just follow these steps.
Run cmd prompt as admin.
type “ipconfig/release” enter
type “ipconfig/renew” enter
done.