Battlenet doesn't open, just sits in system tray

As a few others have run into, my battlenet refuses to open. I have battlenet in my firewall exceptions as well as restarting and doing the uninstal/clear out all old battlenet and blizzard folders in
%LOCALAPPDATA%
%APPDATA%
%TEMP%
%PROGRAMDATA%
as well as trying to launch Bnet with my antivirus disabled and no other programs running.

Attached in the pastebin are the contents of my DxDiag
pastebin (dot) com/4FB603JW

Howdy Ebumping,

While there are a few other people reporting similar issues, we haven’t noticed any widespread problems with the Blizzard app. It seems that most people aren’t experiencing these problems. These reports on the forums could have a common cause but it will take some time to pinpoint the exact problem.

In this case, can you try testing the Blizzard app on a new Windows user account?

Unfortunately the issue persists across users

Ebumping,

If that didn’t work, it could be a security conflict. If you run any security programs other than defender, try temporarily uninstalling them. I’d try reinstalling the app if even that doesn’t work.

If neither helps you, it would be a good time to contact our support team. We probably need you to create a MSInfo file for anything further, so we can look for other conflicts.

This is also a New issue for me. Before today everything worked fine and I did NOT install anything new. Blizzard literally sits on the bottom system tray and never opens. I literally have to restart to run the Battle.net icon on my desk top.