Battlenet doesn't connect

The battlenet app does not connect. I have tried for hours and hours all night using every single tip and trick I can find online and on the forums to no avail. I have followed every step in the support article also.

I tried to attach my MSInfo earlier but “Submit” was not clickable.

I’ve watched tutorials all night and read forum posts from people with the same issue, and I have yet to find a solution. I can’t even submit a ticket. I can’t call someone, I can’t talk to live chat, how tf does anyone get anything fixed??? Did blizz kill their phone support and live chat support?

I took the computer to geeksquad and there was literally nothing they could do. My ISP could do nothing, blizzard could do nothing. I guess I have to just return the PC I bought.

You have to fill out all fields, including the DxDiag, and they need to be in text format.

Try logging in with a free VPN. If it works, you’ll know it’s an ISP issue.

My ISP has not changed. I still have the same ISP. Just got a new PC. I tried to attach both but it wouldn’t let me click “Submit” it wasn’t clickable.

SAME problem here - absolutely same problem - no solution yet!! And no help!! Msinfo are all ok - but noone can help

Tried a VPN, still doesn’t work.

How about an alternative network, like mobile data?