Battle.net desktop app

Good evening, from the launch of windows 11 windows 10 will only have support until 2025, my question is is there any way to install BATTLE.NET DESKTOP APP on Ubuntu or other Linux-based operating systems?

3 Likes

There are ways, but Blizzard doesn’t officially support setting up their software on any distro of Linux.

1 Like

I think it’s about time Blizzard and Activision take Linux seriously. With Steam pushing Linux and the Steam Deck, the Linux player base has grown.

I’m already a Linux user and the COD games are what’s holding me back. With the state of COD right now (I loved MW 2019, but BOCW is bad…very bad, and now MW2019 is also going downhill fast with BOCW now in the forefront)…not supporting Linux is the final straw that will make me ditch these games completely rather than play through the pain points (bad match making, cheaters, etc).

I used to play OW, and was happy that works in Linux via Lutris, but I haven’t played OW in a long time now. The COD games are currently what I play regularly from Activision/Bizzard.

I’m starting to look at Steam only games for my gaming fix.

2 Likes

I’ll be screwed then because my system doesn’t meet the requirements to run W 11. I’ve recently been considering switching to Linux too but I’m seeing a lot of gaming issues with it. I just want to get away from Microsoft altogether but it doesn’t look like that’s going to be possible anytime soon.