Battle.Net Conflict with OBS

So the BattleNet Agent is causing massive lag spikes and dropped frames when ever it is open. Haven’t found any other reference to this specific issue with OBS. It is also causing strange issues with Discord but those seem to clear on their own.

Hey there SaJeel,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out in regards to the performance trouble you’re experiencing while the Battle.net Desktop App is running alongside other programs. Try disabling “hardware acceleration” in the Battle.net Desktop App settings with these steps:

1. Click the “Blizzard” logo in the top-left, and click Settings
  2. Scroll down to “Advanced Settings”
  3. Uncheck the box to Use browser hardware acceleration when available

If that has no impact, try reinstalling the Battle.net Desktop App.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Saddly no change. It is only when battlenet and wow is active, There is no issue with overwatch, or any other game I play. I can fix the problem by constantly ending the Blizzard Agent Task in task manager

SaJeel,

It’s possible yet another program in the background is causing the conflict. There aren’t any known compatibility issues with these apps currently, though they do occur from time to time. I’d reinstall Battle.net fully just in case it’s corrupt. If that alone doesn’t work, try reinstalling OBS/Discord as well.

Otherwise, try closing other programs (Including/especially web browsers) and temporarily uninstalling any security you may be running to see if something else is causing the conflict.