Battlenet client crashing everytime i try to join a voice channel or call

Hey there, I’ve tried essentially everything, even reinstalling the client didn’t help. Everytime i try to join a call or a voice channel the application stops responding and sends me a blizzard crash report. Any fix for this?

Report ID: 6A47A67F-CEE2-4634-84A5-2625F2E036A8

Hey there Alpha,

Thanks for reaching out with that crash ID! The crash logs show “Vivox” (voice chat service) files throwing errors, which is expected considering the crash seems to be triggered when attempting to join voice chat. This could be caused by a number of things–the most common being a conflict between a third-party program, the Battle.net Desktop App, and your macOS. Try the following steps to narrow this down a bit:

1. Delete the Battle.net tools and cache.
  2. Try closing background applications to help rule out a third party software conflict (click the “Mac” tab for Mac-specific instructions).

If the crashes continue with background & startup apps disabled, the problem could be isolated to your Mac user account. Many problems related to your Mac user account can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and testing there. To do this, please follow the steps on our Support Site here (click the “Mac” tab for Mac-specific instructions): Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

If the Battle.net Desktop App only works consistently on the new admin account, it means that the old account is broken. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to simply move wanted files from the old user account to the newly created account.

I hope these steps help!