Battlenet bug with warzone

I don’t get an SMS code. Even if my mobile number is right. So i can’t play the game :frowning:

3 Likes

Got this same message. Never received a code now I can’t play Warzone

1 Like

I’m having the same issue - when I launch Warzone from Battle.net, Warzone asks me to enter the verification code that it sent to my cell phone however the code was never sent. I’ve tried contacting my cell phone provider and no issues there, I’ve opened a ticket no replies 20+ hours later. I’ve uninstalled both battlenet and warzone and reinstalled, same issue. I’ve tried to change the phone number but you can’t because it tries to send the same stupid verification code. This is driving me nuts. Please help!

1 Like

Yep same here, literally just played 2 days ago and now for the past 2 days I’ve got the message asking for a code but it never sends me one… I uninstalled and reinstalled both apps as well and it did nothing to fix it. Just more bs to deal with trying to play Warzone and actually enjoy yourself… smh

1 Like

Broooo this is exactly what is happening to me!!! They telling me I must wait 24hrs to send the code to my new number…wtf

1 Like

Hey. I just had the same issue you did. I solved it by resetting my phone number on my battlenet account then rebooting my phone. Finally received the sms and could activate my account. Game is now booting correctly.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten a fix to the number verification issue.
I no longer have the original number I used for battlenet

1 Like

I was able to change my account phone number to my wife’s and relaunching warzone. Got the message to verify and it still had my original phone number but sent the code to my wife’s phone. Entered the number and now it works

Everytime I try to update number it tries to send code to my old number

6 Likes

We all have the same problem here. How on earth are you supposed to add a new phone number for authentication if they send the code to your old non-existent phone number? The whole point is that you don’t have access to the old phone number. This is absolute insanity. Paying customers being left out in the cold. My ticket is more than 24h old and I’ve yet to hear anything.

2 Likes

I just started having this issue today. phone number on account is correct and ive never had any issues before. never get the message to verify and i also dont understand why we are having to verify account in the first place.

1 Like

My issue started the same as most. I was able to create a ticket & 3 hours later had my old # deleted off my account & entered my new one. It asked for a verification code that was supposedly automatically sent - I didn’t receive it so I selected ‘Resend code’ and it did. Entered the code successfully. New number saved.

NOW my issue is once I go back to WZ and get the verification error, it takes me to Battle.net where it now has the correct number, but again it doesn’t automatically send the verification code. I select ‘Resend code’ again and NOW it says “Too many attempts sending code. Please wait, or contact Customer Support” - This is only my SECOND time pressing ‘Resend code’ in total. Contacted Blizzard on Twitter & got an immediate response, they said this is a known issue & they don’t have an ETA when it will be fixed and don’t know how long I have to “wait” to be able to get sent a new code. It’s been almost 24 hours & still the same message. Awesome!

1 Like

Having the same problem as most of you, started last week unable to verified my account due to it being on an old phone number can’t change the phone number because it’s sending me a code to the old number to change it to a new number. This is stupid beyond belief!

No option to verify by email or another way… I have access to all other accounts just got a new number that’s all.

I’ve put in a few tickets and nothing back

Same same

Spoke to customer service who advised me to try again later

Solved!!

So after many attempts I got access to my acount!

As you can see earlier in the thread I was having problems with having to access and play war zone it was asking me to verify my account, the problem was that my account was linked to my old contract number which was deactivated. When I would log onto my profile to change my mobile number to my new number it needed to send a verification code to my old number so I could change it to my new number( stupid I know)…

So I got in contact with blizzard live 24 for hour chat that and spoke to someone, ask them if they would change my mobile number as it was an old number and I gave him the old number so they could see I knew the old number and was a hacker, then ask them to change it to the new number sent them that they removed the old number put the new one in I was then able to verify myself… problem solved I now have my account back.

Hope this help you guys with old numbers attached.

BTW Twitch Follow would be appropriate lol Ronin_r :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: