Battlenet asking me to purchase MW again?!

First of all this is not my main account. So on my real account i have the game, my name is xxgiordanoxx#2344, i bought the game there and i have the email with the purchase confirmation. the other account in wich i dont have the game is this one. i tried to log in in the first one but i cant i changed the password got the sms with the code but when i put the new password it wont let me in my real account. how can i get in my main account (xxgiordanoxx#2344) and not use the second one ? for some reason both acc are linked to one email.

1 Like

pls need help as well i bought the deluxe edition of the game at launch trying to get into the original modern warfare but says i need to purchase it

I have the same issue such bullshuit.

same but with overwatch

Was having the same issue and I can confirm this works. Thank you. Honestly a poor decision on battle.Net for not making your purchased games more accessible. I also noticed if you just click Buy now, it will say “good news you already own this”

I’m having the same problem i have all the skins loadouts but it says to purchase modern warfare again!!?? its so frustrating and the customer support asks for transaction history which is not shown in profile so it feels like they are saying to you go and buy it again we don’t trust you and that’s it

jokerx#1755172
chillskill#21843

I am logged into the correct account and I have the receipt and everything. I f you could get this corrected that would be amazing. I have tried to modify the install, restarting my computer and everything else under the sun. I just wanna play the game I paid for. Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Tobbe183 missing COD:MW

same problem WTF how can this really be a issue, come on battlenet don’t be dumb about this…you should really compensate all of us

1 Like

Same here. Bought MW in February 2021, Lately I bought a new hard drive and…blizzard is asking me to buy the game again. is blizzard taking a p### on its customers? I want a refund or make it right. and why should anyone send a photo of their documents to “verify the authenticity” ? you didn t ask for id when the account was created so how can you verify something that you haven t seen before?

I am having the exact same problem, but with Call of Duty: Vanguard. Please fix.

hi everyone, if ur reading this then theres a simple solution for this!, first make sure you have warzone installed!, its needed for the textures etc, when warzone is done you can now install it, you can also go on the battle.net downloads and download the launcher there, the reason for this is because mw is basically an ingame item, u need warzone for it because it’s warzone but it’s a dlc u can say, cold war isnt the same because it’s a completely different game then warzone, the reason they did this is to reduce the storage take.

I also have the same issue. I am able to download warzone but not modern warfare. I purchased this game back in 2020. Telling me to purchase the game when my account tells me I own the game??? I rather play multiplayer with campaign than warzone

This is stupid, actually. I was able to get in the other day to look at my calling cards. I have a character set up with load-outs and finishing moves I purchased. I was able to choose “Multiplayer” the other day, but today, after an update it now says “purchase”. I have followed ALL of the suggestions for “fixes” and NOTHING is working. The only thing the game “master” says is that they understand how frustrated I must be. They say there is no record of my buying it…Then HOW did I play it a few months ago? (No, I do not mean Warzone…I only ran that enough times to get a skin I was after).

No…Blizzard Game “Master”, you do NOT understand how frustrated I am. YOU keep losing my stuff.

2 Likes

Obviously, installing the game is a first “simple solution”. My game was there a few months ago and now, I need to purchase it again. I don’t think so.

Microsoft cash grab anyone?

2 Likes

Hopefully, this got addressed.

This happened to me now that I am on a new computer. I was told by Blizzard that I never purchased it (Although that’s all we played before Cold War came out). I have a character, with a loadout and finishing moves I BOUGHT, but overnight (literally), Modern Warfare is missing.

I don’t play Warzone. I want my game back. Hopefully you got a better answer than I did “I understand how frustrating it must be.”

I think it’s a scam. Some people DO buy it again…rip.

1 Like

Do not necro old threads, If you do not see your technical issue with the Blizzard Desktop Application in an active current thread, please create a new thread.

As for the issue itself, it could be one of several things.

1. The most common is logging into the Desktop application with the wrong battle.net account. One that doesn’t have the license.
  2. The purchased was refunded or chargedback by the user or bank used for the method of payment. This is not something that can be looked into or addressed via the community technical forums for the Blizzard Desktop Application.
  3. Something changed with your Activision profile that no longer has it properly linked to your Battle.net account. Again, not something that can be addressed in the community forums for the Blizzard Desktop Application. You would need to look over your Activision profile and then reach out to Activision if it is not linked properly or experiencing some other issue.

For Battle.net specific issues use the support button at the top right of this page, choose contact support and submit a ticket to have your account and purchase checked out.

Limitations with Blizzard Support for Activision titles.
In regards to Activision Titles, we only handle the distribution of the game client for Activision. We will assist with anything related to the desktop application and anything with the game client that involves purchasing, activating, downloading/installing and launching. Anything that occurs after you can press the play button is going to be addressed through the Activision support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

Now if you are certain that you are logging in with the correct account, have confirmed it via a support ticket as I mentioned above and have no issues with your Activision Profile. Then check your installation to make sure you have all the appropriate modules installed. (gear symbol next to play button, and modify install) If that looks good then you can try the following:

1. Click Options (gear symbol next to the install/update/play button)
  2. Click Show in Explorer. (leave this window open while you perform step three.)
  3. Go back to Options and select Uninstall and go through the process to remove the core files and association to the desktop application. (Skip to step for if unable to perform this uninstall)
  4. Check the opened file explorer window to see if the game folder was deleted when the game was uninstalled. If it was not, delete the folder manually.
  5. Leave the explorer window open but exit the Battle.net Desktop Application.
  6. In File Explorer, navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  7. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  8. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  9. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  10. Empty the recycle bin.
  11. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
  12. Reinstall the game client.

That will rule out any technical issues with the Blizzard Desktop Application and how it interacts with the game client. Which is the limits of what can be offered in the Desktop App Tech Support Community Forums.