Battlenet asking me to purchase MW again?!

I recently had battlenet uninstalled and reinstalled into a new hard drive. When installing Call of Duty I only seem to have War Zone. I paid for Multiplayer and I saw an upgrade available button so I clicked it. It took me to the page to purchase MW Multiplayer again. What’s going on? What happened to my game?

10 Likes

Hey, melovated! Are you logged into the right account in the Blizzard Application? Checking the account here, I see Modern Warfare purchased last month. There was another account was recently logged into, but does not have the game license.

If you’re not sure or still need help with the issue, please contact our customer support team.

I am pretty upset at the moment, I hopped on battle.net for the first time in about a month. I started up a game of warzone with my friend after that, I wanted to play multiplayer modern warfare. I look to see that for some reason, I have to buy the game again. I’ve played it many times before and so I clearly own it. I have tried everything from resetting my computer to reinstalling my game, nothing seems to be working. I just want to play my game.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Babysquirrel account issue

i also am having this issue. i own cod mw and it is asking me to re purchase it

3 Likes

I have the same problem with cold war. i uninstalled it because it was stuck on fixing files then it started telling me to buy the game. btw i got it as a gift

1 Like

also having this issue, I’m using the correct account too as I have all my weapon skins etc from playing mulltiplayer but now I dont own it anymore apparently

2 Likes

It’s with the Call of Duty : Warzone. Click Install, and on the next prompt at the top under “Game Content” click Modify Install, By default warzone will be checked off. but if you purchased the Game previously on that account, you will be able to check off Campaign, Multiplayer Etc. I was having similar issue, and that fixed it for me.

5 Likes

I am having the same issue as well. I haven’t purchased multiplayer on Blizzard but I logged into my activision account that had multiplayer. I was greeted by the buy multiplayer screen and when I went to see if all my loadouts were there they were. All my perks, weapon levels, everything. I tried to see if I could download the Multiplayer pack through the modify install but every box except for warzone was grayed out. Please help me fix this issue as I have just gotten a new PC just to play Modern Warfare Multiplayer on your launcher.

4 Likes

same problem here, i buyed the game in dicember. I only want to play, i never buy another game with battle.net

1 Like

Same problem. Its honestly sad how many people have this problem. You would think they fixed it already

3 Likes

same problem here… idk what is going on , i sent a ticket to the support…

1 Like

Yes, I own MW Multiplayer and have played it many times. However now it indicates I must buy it and is unusable! I reported this but have not heard anything back. If someone has a fix, please post!

2 Likes

Same is going on for me I am trying to hoop onto cold war and play some snd, but for some reason it says I have to buy the game again. Even though I preordered the game.

2 Likes

Also I only have one account, and if I do have another one it would be nice blizzard to look for a account with the name ,. and give me the email, because I will know the password.

Same problem. Says I need to purchase MW again

1 Like

SAME.I bought the CW but it says im a free trail version,need to buy again.But when i click purchase,it says I already own this game.

1 Like

I find it stupid you have to buy the game twice to play it on pc or console, I have bought it on my battle account and logged in on Xbox and it says I have the Cold War muiltplayer to install so I down load it but it still ask me to purchase it

1 Like

same problem. Says i need to purchase black ops again

i just change my battle tag name.i cannot find any purchase game my library…help !!!