Battle.net App on Apple Silicon Macs

I’m curious as to whether or not there’s an ETA on an Apple Silicon native (and/or Universal Binary 2) version of the Battle.net app for Mac. You guys were phenomenal with getting day one support for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, but have since remained completely silent on all other games and supporting applications.

I’m not holding my breath for new things like Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo IV, or Overwatch 2 to come out for the Mac, but one would assume that we’d at least get some kind of word about whether or not pre-existing Mac games are making the transition and a rough timeline. It’d certainly be nice to find this out while Intel Macs are still being sold!

4 Likes

I honestly don’t get that they did WOW and for example not Diablo 3. I suppose they did WOW as it brings in some money and they could justify it.

I think however it is a mistake that they do not do the new Diablos at least. Perhaps the Mac market share needs to rise more…

I guess I probably need to get a PS5 if I can find one as I don’t want to go back to Windows.

1 Like

At least update the Mac apps that already exist. If it’s all going to be about Intel Macs until there are no Intel Macs and then Blizzard just drops support, that’s one thing. But even then, some communication on this would be nice. They bragged about getting Shadowlands out on day one and then have remained silent on the rest of their Mac catalog.

2 Likes

Nice to have WoW native but Blizzard needs to update other games.

3 Likes

what do we have 12 months after the introduction of the M1 chip to the market:

battle.net and hearthstone still run ONLY in intel architecture
terrible performance of the hearthstone client on apple MacBook M1 (sometimes laggy, really heats up the MacBook at high graphic settings, consumes a lot of energy)
Battle.net also consumes too much power in intel architecture on arm macs
Blizzard pretends that these problems don’t exist

4 Likes

Would be really nice, if we could get some response from Blizzard… is there any ETA of a native Battle.net app?

1 Like

+1 - shouldn’t be too hard a ‘roadmap’ to share. When will Battle Net be native?

Blizzaed is DROPPING support of any new games and present ones for Mac’s. Don’t expect anything in the m1/m2 gens. Overwatch and Diablo 2 R are Windows only so read the tea leaves and realize Apple games under them are DEAD !

Any update on this? Current BattleNet.app for Mac is really having a huge memory leak, if I leave it open for days, is accumulated 1.8 GB RAM, and then the Agent process accumulated a similar 1.3 GB.
Would be nice to just see the universal binary or Apple Silicon (aarch64) version.

Just switched to mac m1. WoW play more than fine on it. battle.net is only needed for updating the game. wish there was a way to update it with the wow client. battle.net is not required to play though.

Well sure, that’s because WoW itself is compiled for Apple Silicon, sor it runs natively.
Which granted, is way more important than just having the BattleNet client done.
But still, that should also be the case… hopefully in the future.

Still no update on a battle.net Apple Silicon Native version, I was really hoping for at least a beta by now so I could update WoW so I could at least run the game :frowning:

1 Like

Still no word, nothing for us to look forward to or even hope??? I’m going to miss the entire expansion!!