Battle.net App is not working

I am having the exact same issue. Hours later the app will load and will allow to play for several hours. It will crash again and then the app does not work for hours again. I have searched for fixes and tired everything blizzard has recommended…nothing fixes the problem. I thought it was our computer but seems the issue with the app itself. Super Frustrating! If you find anything that fixes, please share :wink:

Also, would be nice if we could contact someone from blizzard directly since they auto reply the same information with our tickets.

Since multiple people are having the same issue and have clearly tried ALL of the suggestions, can we please get someone to look further into the issue? Every time I submit a ticket I get the same response. I have tried all of the suggestions ( like others have also tried) and nothing. Please help :slight_smile:

Not sure if i was supposed to reply to you directly.

Didn’t fix the issue, Any word if the devs are working on it? Any idea on what the issue is? Why is this only impacting a few users?

1. Reset windows to default
  2. Reinstalled battle net
  3. Tried making a new admin account
  4. Reinstalled nvidia drivers.
    5.reinstalled Alienware drivers
  5. Turned off firewall

I have a second computer running right next to it which is having no issue. It’s about a year newer laptop.
Both are running wow of Hdds.

The app hangs for 5-10 mins when I first open it. And then hangs for 1-2hours after attempting to login. After its up it runs ok.

Heya Xtaz,

Sorry, I missed your reply. If none of that worked, I don’t have too many more ideas we can run through on the forums. Most further steps would require us to get system info from you via a ticket.

I have seen some particularly weird issues like this due to very rare connectivity issues, however. I don’t see many reports of this outside of this specific thread, and my app runs fine both on my PC and work PC, so let’s see if we can snag a bit more information.

Please create a WinMTR test which catches a disconnection. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~
1 Like

Having the same issue here too. I have done everything that everyone has done on this post and from other tech support sights. Started happening around 2 weeks ago after an update. I reset my pc as a last resort and before the reset I could launch my games manually from their folders but since you cant download the game without the Battle net client I haven’t been able to download my games. Before I reset my computer I opened my game manually and after 2 hours Ish~ the client would open. When you open the client the first time It runs with 3 Background apps but it doesn’t open until much later.

Anecdote: I found a way to get the Battle.net client to open almost immediately on my system:

1. Download and extract “Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals” from the official doc-dot-microsoft-dot-com website.
  2. Start up Battle.net and wait for the login screen to appear, auto-login, and disappear, and then wait for the battle.net icon to appear in the task tray (takes about 10 seconds, this is normally where battle.net gets stuck).
  3. Start the 32bit version of Procmon and wait for process action list to be populated with information.
  4. Close Procmon and wait a few seconds.
  5. The Battle.net window then appears every time.

Pretty useful since I like to shut down my PC at night, and don’t like having to wait several hours for battle.net to start after I get done with work and boot up my personal computer.
Procmon reveals that the Battle.net client is looking for some QT (GUI framework) files which are missing on my system, even after a completely fresh install.

Im having problems with my battle.net launcher. I downloaded the installer but it wont finish installing
heres my WinMTR:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
Linksys-Guilig - 0 13 13 0 0 5 0
192.168.0.1 - 0 13 13 0 0 3 0
10.23.0.1 - 0 13 13 11 14 22 13
172.30.18.205 - 0 13 13 9 13 23 10
103.3.80.117 - 0 13 13 9 12 18 10
10.203.0.22 - 0 13 13 9 10 16 9
103.3.80.101 - 0 13 13 9 13 24 11
203.177.53.245 - 0 13 13 11 13 24 12
No response from host - 100 2 0 0 0 0 0
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Any of you having issues here tried checking your power management for the wifi device? this seems to have fixed the issue for me.

right click mypc (or computer for win7) click “manage” then look for “device manager” (under system tools) click on that then look for “network adapters” expand by clicking the arrow on the left. now look for your wifi device something like “wireless lan 802.11” ect… right click on this select properties then click on the “power management” tab. you want to UNCHECK the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” then click “OK” (this will disconnect your internet for a short time).

1 Like

I’m having an issue where the launcher wont even load for me. i try to open it and cursor spins for about 3 seconds and then nothing i’ve reinstalled battle.net and done all the troubleshooting steps i could find aside from reinstalling my OS. it worked just fine 9/22/2020 then the next day 9/23/2020 i get this error.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i9-10940X CPU @3.30GHz
64 GHz of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti

I seem to be able to load multiple other games just fine but Blizzard games are just not working for me even when trying to open from folder bypassing the battle.net app

1 Like

have you tried a different network device, ie use a wifi card or network cable. i cant say for sure but it seems the launcher must submit some sort of security or monitoring checklist of a bunch of little packets. ie if your adapter is using jumbo frames on Ethernet cable this could hinder performance especially if your connection is having issues to start with. so use what adapters you have available for testing, check connections, use slower speeds if possible. last thing is just open the launcher and let it sit on for a long time. see if it starts to work. for me when i had power management on i had to manually close the launcher from task manger and then reopen it. then it started working after a few min. but now its pretty quick, and if i used Ethernet cable it seems to be much faster.

I just wanted to reply to this forum thread. The problem resolved itself, which makes me believe it was a problem on Blizzard’s end. All of those suggestions were absolutely no help at all. gg

This happens to me too if I don’t start battle.net right as the time I boot up my PC it can NOT OPEN. If I have to restart it like I just did it will NOT OPEN it open agent.exe like over and over tho I’m up to 8 running right now just no launcher guess if you ever need to restart blizzard program just restart your PC A+ program