Battle.net Stuck Before Initializing Game Download

I’m sure their servers are slammed this time of year, but I’m not even getting to a download… I click the install button for modern warfare and it brings up the “Call of Duty: MW Installation” window with a spinning loading symbol and a grayed out “start install” button and stays there forever… restarted battle.net and PC multiple times, gets stuck at same point and eventually displays a “something broke” message

2 Likes

Hey, Fonzie! What’s the exact error message that occurs when it shows “something broke” (should start with BLZ)? We usually see the errors BLZBNTAGT00000840, BLZBNTAGT000008A4, BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 for MW.

1. Exit the Blizzard Application completely.
  2. Go to the Game Installation Location.
  3. Move the ModernWarefare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher.exe to the Desktop or delete the files.
  4. Open the Blizzard Desktop Application.

The game should start the download for the update. If there are any issues with updating, run a Scan and Repair. The MW and MW Launcher will be recreated after the update. If not, Scan and Repair should resolve this.

If it continues, does the same behavior happen on an alternative network?

2 Likes

same thing happening to me, i just bought COD:MW and can’t install as it gets stuck after i click Install button. it opens up a window and just has a spinning symbol and Start Install button that’s greyed out.

https://iili.io/JCavLX.png

This thread has been inactive for some time now. Please be cautious about resurrecting older threads. Closing this thread.

I’m pretty certain that the install loop situation, @aSakofDonuts, is due to the Comcast issue that we’ve been tracking on our end for some time now. The behaviors we’ve seen with this Comcast issue has been the following:

• Agent fell asleep (BLZBNTBNA00000005)
  • Install getting stuck on blue screen loop.
  • Install gets stuck on “Waiting” after bypassing the Install loop issue.

Here’s the thread for the issue.