Awful tech support or stop hiring hamsters in wheels

If I put it in the wrong forum move it into the more appropriate forum. I just cannot find the forum I would like to post it to.

I have a few questions first:

• Does authenticator app required to send you sms to be attached to your profile?
  • I have an option to disable authenticator to login, which I used, and it says that it is no longer required, but it is still shows up upon attempting to login.
  • Why email confirmation is no longer an option?
  • Why I have a secret question, but I cannot use it to confirm my identity?

The topic will continue after I receive the answers on those questions. I have a lot to say.
Thank you.

I don’t work for Blizzard - MVPs are other players, but I can maybe point you to the policy info you need.

1. Yes, you now need to have a phone number capable of getting SMS to set up a mobile Authenticator. VOIP and most “burner” phone numbers are not eligible. You can only use that phone number on one Bnet account. Blizzard Support - Battle.net Phone Notifications
  2. If the game asks for Auth again then it has detected some sort of change in login patters and is challenging it for your security. Even with “don’t ask” set, it will still do so on rare occasions if certain conditions exist. Make sure to go to your settings here on the website under Account Mgt AND in your Desktop application settings (keep me logged in).
  • Emails are often hacked and stolen along with Bnet accounts by malicous parties using malware and scams. There are some email messages Blizz still sends, but not many as a result. It is for our player security.
  • Secret questions can still be part of the validation process, but are rarely used anymore. Authenticator, SMS to phone, or if those fail, sending Govt Issued ID is how Blizzard confirms you are the registerd account holder.

If you need to remove an Authenticator from an account (and don’t already have SMS set up to do it yourself), or need help with access, you would want to open a ticket and be prepared to provide the ID.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.