API slowness and timeouts

Hello! Over the past few days, I have noticed an increase in the number of HTTP timeouts when calling the WoW APIs. My code has the timeout set at 1 minute. I unfortunately don’t keep metrics on the speed of every API call, but the overall speed at which my tasks run have slowed down quite a bit as well. A task to refresh a specific collection of characters usually takes 2-3 hours, is now taking 10-12 hours.

I’ll admit I’m not a network expert (mostly just a programmer), so I don’t want to necessarily blame the APIs. With that said, I’ve tried to run some traceroutes, from two different locations (on my local machine and in my AWS server environment). In both cases, it appears the slowness generally starts to happen after what appears to be the Blizzard block of IP addresses.

I don’t want to publicly paste the traceroutes and expose IP addresses, but if needed I can try to provide more details. Mostly I am curious if anybody else is experiencing the same slowdowns, or if not maybe the problem is on my side. Thank you!