A bit late to the party I think, but

So I may very well be beating a dead horse here since to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to all of the stuff surrounding Reforged. I was mildy interested, but realized with Blizzard’s current track record it probably was just going to be a hollow cash grab, and when it was released with overwhelmingly negative reactions I felt I was right, and tbh aside from reading a view reviews and watching a few videos on it I didn’t pay much attention. Until today. Today I decided I felt like replaying WC3 so I went to download it, only to discover I couldn’t. I am instead forced to download and play Reforged in “classic mode” with all of the issues, bugs, and problems it brought to the table. Which I don’t want to do, if I wanted to play Reforged I would have bought it.

I paid for classic WC3. I play classic WC3. I love classic WC3. And quite frankly it is unacceptable that Blizzard thought this was acceptable, deciding that I apparently no longer own the game I paid for and have sunk countless hours into.

I honestly don’t expect this post to change a single thing. I don’t expect a Blizzard employee to see this and realized they messed up, or for this post or honestly any other to galvanize hardcore Blizzard fans into demanding they stop doing things like this. I don’t expect I will ever be able to play the game I bought through Blizzard ever again because that is how Blizzard has decided it is going to be. I just felt like venting tbh. I think I have given up on the Blizzard I grew up with ever showing its face again, and instead we are all just stuck with this soulless big company focused on its next cash grab. I think this is going to be the final straw with me in regards to Blizzard. I own SC classic, Diablo 1 and 2, all of SC2, WC3 (or I did), and WoW. I play Diablo 3 on my Xbox with friends. But I’m out, I’m done. I might still keep playing here or there on stuff I already have, but I am officially burnt out on Blizzard and expecting them to just… not suck anymore. I won’t be spending anymore money on Blizzard products going forward, they lost a customer who has been with them since the olden days of the original Warcraft and Starcraft games, back when I was in middle school and saved up money mowing lawns to buy Starcraft.

I requested a refund for classic WC3 since I can no longer play the game I spent good money on. I know I’m not going to get it, but it is the principle of the thing.

Update: As expected I received what appeared to be an automated response saying I purchased the game too long ago for a refund, completely ignoring the issue at hand. I have reopened the ticket and will continue to do so until at the absolute least someone has the basic courtesy to address this personally and not with templates or automated responses.