2 Week Ban for Honest Mistake?

Game: Diablo ii LoD
Account: daflobz

I stupidly tried to log in on my laptop during lunch break to mellow out and got a 2 week ban for it. I understand I broke a rule and negligence isn’t an excuse, but is there an appeal process? I honestly had no idea what I attempted to do was ban worthy and only wanted to play the game more. Could I perhaps get the ban sentence to be lower for a warning sake?

Thanks.

1 Like

From my knowledge when your banned, temp banned, ect theres no overturning it in the system.

Atleast that is what they have told me in the past.

You got banned for using a different PC?

How did you find out you got a 2 week ban, i just went out of town for work so i downloaded d2 on my laptop and it wont let me connect to battle.net it just keeps disconnecting me. I’m hoping the motel im in doesnt have like a vpn connection or something thats bannable. it would be crazy if you cant play diablo on motel internet. literally means when i go out of town for work all my mules will disappear.

But who will listen to the appeal?

I think he got banned for using a laptop. If they allow laptops and then next they will have to allow tablets and guys wearing skinnyjeans. It will never end. Desktops only!!

2 Likes

during lunch break

I think he tried logging in from a business network. Using business network IP addresses is a sin and give you a 14 ~ 30 days ban. Blizzard is unforgiving and relentless.

1 Like

Keep in mind, as we mention in our temporary restriction article, these restrictions aren’t entirely intended as punishments. They’re the best security measure we currently have to prevent the servers from being completely overwhelmed by hackers. If someone’s restricted for a VPN or Business network, this is intended because we’re working on a 20+ year old system that has been patched and repatched to secure it (and more is still being done even now.) This is working as it was designed and though we’re always exploring more options for security’s sake, we don’t overturn these when they occur. We understand that some people will make this mistake, but don’t remove the restrictions once they occur.

If you ran into this issue while using an unauthorized type of network, (VPN/Proxy/Cloud Hosting/Business Network) that will result in a 2 week suspension at the IP level. The only work around is acquiring a new IP address as mentioned here. Keep in mind that we won’t walk you through how to do that, since again, these restrictions are intentional, but as long as you aren’t reconnecting from the unauthorized type of network, and aren’t doing anything else that would get you suspended, getting a new IP should let you log back in.

Beyond that, we don’t take feedback for Diablo II’s systems here - this is just a board for tech troubleshooting. If you want to provide feedback, you can do that where the devs actually check for this - #diablo-ii-general-discussion.

1 Like

how about a warning,

accidentally used my vpn to watch a youtube video while d2 was running in the backround, got ban hammered.

its 2020, how else am I supposed to watch american youtube. ? ? ?

and bliz still don’t no why it has such bad pr i mean don’t you guys have phone’s …
thay just keep spiting in the players faces the same players that feed ther family wen thay buy ther games …

Lol so you forgot your bot was running in the background… lol oooops

Lol?

Yall slip up and its game over huh?