“This game cannot be played yet” MW Beta

I just noticed this…Make sure that on battlenet you select the dropdown under game version for “Modern Warfare II Beta” and not the default “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II”.

Won a key from a Twitch streamer. Got it installed just fine, but won’t open. Every time I try to scan and repair an update will start and immediately disappear. It’s incredibly frustrating, done everything to try and fix this and absolutely nothing has worked.

1 Like

Well, I asked about replies & I thank you all for yer input.
Just wanted to add my particular problem to the others.
Luckily, I did not have to pay for the chance to play the Beta. I got mine free from Xfinity. So, after spending way too much time trying to claim, DL, install, & finally seeing it DL, I was pleased. Of course , as you all know, once I hit “Play” , I got the msg that “This game cannot be played yet”. Completely frigging daunting. GL to all of you who payed.

guys still no fix ?, i did install mw2 beta from the dropdown and i still cant play the game blizzard says the game cannot be played yet, but today is the open beta so its free for everyone , i didnt preorder the game or anything, i just installed it today for free but cant play it

Same… Can’t play. The “Play” button isn’t clickable, and hovering my mouse over it it says:
“This game cannot be played yet.”.

I’ve tried:

• Signing out and in
  • Changing my password
  • Switching to the battle.net beta client
  • Changing client region
  • Restarting (both client and pc)
  • Going into the game folder “Call of Duty/beta” and running “cod.exe” as admin. The game runs, but it fails to connect to the battlenet servers.
  • Disabling “Share Game Data” on “My account - Privacy”
  • Running the battle.net client as admin (this gave me a new mw:beta update, but still can’t play)

I refuse to re-download. I was downloading the whole game at 100-300KB/s. My internet is Gigabit fiber (1000/1000) and is not slow at the moment (fast dot com and speedtest dot com says 1Gbit the whole day).

I’m having the same issue. Tried re-install. Did the password change. Still can’t play. I love how Battle.net is totally silent on this issue. Friggin garbage. Not a good way to earn support for a game with already mixed reviews.

1 Like

Bump

@Blizzard update please, still no access. Play button ghosted/unclickable, still says game cannot be played yet.

This is so annoying, i was looking forward to play and i cant, so then i tried going over to steam but cant download the game over there, wtf is goin on

Bump

@Blizzard update please, still no access. Play button ghosted/unclickable, still says game cannot be played yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.