Stuck on "Updating the Battle.net Update Agent"

Do you know a tutorial for that? I tried it out but I haven’t found it yet.

For anyone who has had the misfortune of encountering this error, and tried everything to fix this on all of the forums, I have some slight hope for you.

Finally, FIXED after spending a full day on this. The “network reset” recommended by SadSenpai above did the trick. Hope it works for you too.

3 Likes

I tried the network reset described by SadSenpai but sadly it did not fix the issue for me. Back to the drawing board I suppose. I’m kinda at my wits end with this one. Guess it’s time to cancel any blizzard subscriptions I have haha! Maybe an update will resolve it in a few months.

3 Likes

Paradoxity
did you solve the problem ?

After Winter Wonderland event update my battlenet bugged. I tried everything and I had to uninstalled battle.net. It was stuck on “Updating the Battle.net Update Agent” but with SadSenpai advice I could reinstalled it, sadly my major problem its still there… I can’t update or reinstall all of my games…

(sorry, Im not an english native speaker)

Hey there,

Try the following to replace the Blizzard Desktop Application and update agent:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
29 Likes

@Kershew
Just tried it but is still brought the message # BLZBNTBNA00000012

There is something wrong after the huge update within the past two days! We urgently do need a fix for that AND (I think all players would appreciate it) a small gift from your side reg. this ‘downtime’!

So what should be the fix now?

I tried it but still doesnt work
Here’s another convo about the same thing but different steps:

Zenlaka

372 posts

Customer Support

Jan '20

Hey Fleetwood,

In your situation, you may need to do a clean reinstall of the app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
• %LOCALAPPDATA%
• %APPDATA%
• %TEMP%
• %PROGRAMDATA%
3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here . Make sure you run as Admin .

Hopefully it works for any of you but for me I still have no luck :frowning:

5 Likes

Here also 2 days the same problems. Now I’ve uninstalled the game, but it will not re-install again.

I have tried everything.

1. Uninstalling - re-installing
  2. Deleting all folders by Kershews instructions.
  3. Resetting networks by SadSenpai
  4. Running as administrator

I first installed fine. Then when D2:R got stuck in 39%, I first scan and repaired → still stuck. Uninstalled and re-installed the battle.net launcher, no joy. Uninstalled and deleted all the D2:R files and directiories. Then when trying to install battle.net APP again. Can’t even install it.

“Whoops! Looks like something broke.” and a link (BLZBNTBTS000007D0) that leads to “can’t reach page”. How can one of the leading gaming corporations have such bad software XD.

Please reply if solutions are found.

3 Likes

I read that Microsoft bought Blizzard . The CEO has left. I don’t know but something is off! I can’t get past 'waiting for another update". i too tried everything and the scan and repair, install, uninstall etc. to no avail.

This works for me:

Good luck anyway.

1 Like

It’s not work for me. I try everything in here and other solutions. Never change anything. Stuck on %25-30 process in re-install battle.net launcher.
(i use “forced uninstall” because when i try normal way, i take BLZBNTBNU00000006 error code)

I do it!!!

All we need just use VPN. I can’t believe this. this is so simple. Download some windows vpn on your PC and open before install battle.net. That’s all!!!

I hope this solution working for everybody. Have a good days.

5 Likes

Same here for me. I have been trying to update Warzone on battle.net and received error codes “blzbntbgs7fffff01” and “BLZBNTAGT00000960”. Tried all solutions from other forums for each respective codes and nothing worked. I tried solutions on this forum page as well but nothing works. I uninstalled and reinstalled battle.net and currently I am stuck on 40% during the “Updating the Battle.net Update Agent”.

2 Likes

I have been having the same issue. I have deleted anything Battle.net related and attempted to download the launcher with zero success. unless the next patch resolves this issue i will be unsubbing from all Blizzard games (again).

Yes I am having the exact same problem - I have a mac and have tried all suggestions to no avail. Hearthstone seems to update patches fine but for some reason all versions of WoW won’t configure CDN folder.
PLease help Blizzard- I cant even lodge a ticket due to “error”.

Hello,

same issue here. Started first by Hearthstone update not working. In short, I wasn’t able to run update for the latest patch. Following multiple “fixes” (quoting fixes because they did nothing for me or got the situation to an even “worse” state) I got to where reinstalling was one of the “fixes”. Then I got stuck installing battle.net. Following some of the “fixes” here I got to where after attempting installation of battle.net I got error message with one of the “BLZBNTAGT00…" codes and link to some more “fixes”.

All in all, got fed up with suggestions cause the issue persisted so I did search of my PC for anything battle.net related in order to remove any path or previous installation bug possibilities. There was some stuff I removed that way, also made sure to clean Recycle bin. I ran CCleaner removed broken registries related to battle.net as well (I ran driver updates and the rest of stuff CCleaner has to offer). After everything was cleaned I redownloaded installer for Hearthstone (because battle.net one was not working so I tried this one).

So, now I had removed “BLZBNTAGT00…" crash from my installation and am again indefinitely stuck with message “Updating Battle.net Update Agent…”, with bar stuck at around 45-50 %.

It seems issue is related to something that was introduced in one of the latest updates related to service they are using. Could be related to trackers if they use any. I have had some issues with other services as well lately (Rockstar Games to be precise). Issue is most likely related to something in new patch interfering with my PC, with addition that they made a change that broke already working battle.net and Hearthstone installation on my PC.

Blizzard, it would help if you had an idea what change you made that could have broken things. That would help investigate what could be causing issue on my side.

Few side notes: Same internet connection, Hearthstone works on mobile for me. I still have to attempt using Wifi instead of ethernet connection (I always use ethernet on my desktop PC, so Wifi has to be setup first, some people might not have this luxury). Trying VPN did nothing, at least Kaspersky VPN provided with my Kaspersky antivirus.

I am using internet with no issues inside browsers, Riot client works fine, Genshin Impact works fine, Lost Ark worked at first, I have some common issue now (could be their service is broken due to mass of users). In short, few issues I have are related exclusively to few games and their services. I have done several tweaks on my Windows 10 that might be the cause of issue, so if you have any Windows 10 settings suggestions please advise.

Best regards,

3 Likes

I have experience same problem with warzone, cant seem to update properly. after the update patch it will just error. ive done a lot of troubleshooting but no luck.

The steps listed in this thread are for the specific issue of being stuck at “updating agent.” If you are seeing an error code then this is not your issue. If you are getting stuck at a different point in the update or install process, this is not your issue. This thread is also a very old thread and every few weeks someone comes in and re opens it.

The original causes for older issues are not likely the same causes for current issues.

Most of the errors mentioned here have existing threads with current solutions.

If you are unable to find a current and active thread for your issue with the specific error you are encountered create a new thread with full the error listed in the title and a description of the issue in the post itself.