MW2 Gifting issue

Been going through the exact same issue, immediately put in a Ticket 3 Days ago and haven’t heard from anyone since. I also had the person who Gifted me submit a ticket 3 Days ago and THEY got a response literally saying :
“We are not aware of any problem like this at the moment. So please ask your friend to contact us directly with a ticket from their account, with a screenshot of the error they are getting, and we can help further”

Which is exactly what’s been done already, there’s threads on threads and posts of this issue yet they’re not aware of it? Tried all the suggested methods, uninstall, clean install, Beta stuff etc and no fix.

2 Likes

Was anyone able to fix this problem?

Based on logging in from multiple computers/accounts and client application troubleshooting, the issue appears to follow the account.

Placed a ticket over 24 hours ago and still no response.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your reports! We are investigating this issue and we will provide updates here as they become available. We aren’t aware of any workarounds or solutions in the meantime since the underlying issue is isolated to the license/account.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

7 Likes

having the same issue here please help

Gift recipient is reporting that it is working now with no action on his part.

1 Like

Can confirm that without any more action on my part I am finally able to Install MW2

1 Like

Any news? still have same problem

Any update? Still telling me to buy the game!

I have the same issue: no mention of MWII in All Games, though it’s been gifted and accepted.
Reinstalling battle.net app with manual deleting all files and switching to beta version didn’t help.

Same issue here… And no help from support at all… I keep getting the Good news! You already own this product.

I dont even get the good news message it literally will let me buy the game again

Hopefully this issue gets fixed ASAP considering it’s launch day. I received a copy of the game via a giveaway (it was showing up in my gifts as well) and I was wondering if anyone else was going to try to use this to download the game on PS5 (or Xbox even). I was able to get a code just fine for the beta and download it from PS Store then. But I’m afraid that it’s just going on my BattleNet account and I won’t be able to download it to PS5. Anyone have any insight on this?

For me was solution is changing country of my region. I am from Russia, and had russian account. So due to war with Ukraine, russians have those resctrictions. I have moved to Kazakhstan, so i gave to support needed docs and they changed region, now i am available to install game. Hope this helps to someone.
This was from support “There are certain restrictions in place that prevent people from a number of countries from being able to play this game. After we changed country on your account, you should be able to install this game”

Same.
My region is belarus, and I can’t play it after getting the game as a gift :frowning:
Just doesn’t show up on my library.

Anybody who got a ticked answered for the region change?
Waiting since ~3 days for such a little task to be able to play something I’ve paid for

Can’t refund because Blizzard is greedy with money since I’ve accepted something I can’t even use

Ticket closed automatically after 2 weeks. Still no game available in bnet app.
That’s all you have to know about customer support.

I’m having the very same issue with WoW Dragonflight, but I’ll post that in the approprite forum

im having the same issue i got it gifted, i got to play for a week and then i come back and says i need to rebuy there game

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.