Season of Discovery Developer Update - Feb 27, 2024

Absolutely HYPEEEE change on the XP Buff. It’s been such a disgustingly daunting task to level an Alt right now. These Quest reward and XP buff changes are ALL positive. Great job!

7 Likes

Clover Club LOVES THESE CHANGES

You say that now, but when its “sorry we have our 3 rogues” every time you pug dont come in here and whine.

Hopefully more and more ppl will consider guilds.

3 Likes

I just hard disagree with 40 man raids being a thing at all. I get the nostalgia, but I enjoyed the small guild feel of 10 and even 20 mans. But 40 is just to much to manage, WAY to much turnover, and way to little loot for 40 people.

27 Likes

Okay, but again when its “sorry our wf totem is here already” dont get mad at pugs.

1 Like

Increasing the gold from questing is great, but there’s still a problem when we only have 1-2 layers in that it’s nearly impossible to quest effectively. The fastest and smartest levelers will still live in dungeons.

Anything about mob spawns, hyper spawning, shared taps or anything to improve questing?

8 Likes

Many of my guild members have indicated to me that their time in SoD will end whenever 40 man content is introduced. While I understand that things like 40 man were a part of classic, I think that the 10 man formula you’ve developed for SoD has been THE key factor for its long term success. What I’d like to see from the level 50 and 60 content is a continuation of the 10 man endgame, with 20 and 40 man content being either an alternate or secondary source of gear, more optional/catch up oriented.

23 Likes

I think it’s kind of a staple of Vanilla. But…this isn’t Vanilla. Classic Era always exists for people who want that 40 man experience.

Accessibility and better access to content might be the way to go. A lot easier to organize smaller raids.

7 Likes

Man I am so hyped for literally everything mentioned here. This is awesome!

12 Likes

Era is right there.

6 Likes

Nice can we get some ranged hunters buffs to go along with this please.

8 Likes

Can we just make respec free too while we’re at it

11 Likes

I’m a 40 man enjoyer, but I can get down with 20 mans if that’s what it’s going to be. 10 mans, way too tiny imho.

5 Likes

Will we be reimburse for buying the mount so pricy ??

19 Likes

yeah checks in the mail

7 Likes

Wow no hunter nerfs! Surprising!

7 Likes

All pretty great things considering the context of SoD. My only concern with a change like increasing questing gold is currently on Crusader Strike US there are 2 layers. The open world population is so high fighting for quest mob tags makes it so much worse than dungeon grinding. Can something be addressed about the extremely low number of layers now?

1 Like

I think I’d prefer a tighter experience with 20 player raids than the chaotic behemoths that were 40-man raids.

2 Likes

Good updates. Please remember the PvP sets when you do the itemization revamps, as well as the off pieces from WSG / AB vendors

3 Likes

In the next iteration of Vanilla, please try to avoid the “you get screwed if you did things early” kind of changes such as with mount prices and the supply turn-ins.

27 Likes