Is there an actual date yet

People mostly pre-ordered for the Allied races that were released early.

There was “incentive” to pre-order.

If a person sees an official announcement at Blizzcon
 that’s going to stick with them more than when Blizz back tracks months later on the story line
 quietly.

You’re a real piece of work.

5 Likes

do you have a source for what most people preordered for?

2 Likes

3 weeks at the earliest is my guess.

Plans change, development issues arise that couldn’t be foreseen – all that is true. However, the fact that the storyline has been laid out since the war campaign started at launch, leading up to this point where, having defeated Rastakhan and taken injuries to some VIPs on the other side, now it’s time to join with new allies

They knew long before launch that the ARs were going to be pushed back. Long before Ion’s laughable excuse and explanation about skeletal models being difficult to create. They could have been up front with players back toward the end of Legion, when the game was being heavily marketed with imagery of Zandalari trolls and Kul Tiran humans.

Because the plans to lay out the story of this game and the content updates were already being organized back then. But they didn’t get in front of it, make the gesture toward their players when they could have done so and saved face. Now you have a dwindling playerbase exasperated about continuing to wait for something that was marketed (if not promised) to be available much earlier. And still no formal release date, even though internally they surely have it.

2 Likes

funny, that’s what i think someone should use when preordering an MMO

but hey that would get in the way of your pushing a narrative so have a ball man

We have not announced a date yet for the next content update. It is on the PTR in case you want to check things out and provide feedback, otherwise we are just working on getting it all together since there are a few other things in the update and not just the Allied Races. ./rollercoaster

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, like any feedback is taken seriously

62 Likes

At 2:14 in the last Q&A Ion explained why this changed:

7 Likes

For those who pretty much have been dying to play zandalari since they were teased at blizzcon its actually annoying seeing things added to 8.1.5 knowing that just further delays the patch.

6 Likes

There’s a big difference between balance issues and animations/art.

2 Likes

You don’t think the new racials for Zand/KT need tuning and balance? A large number of Alliance players sure think some tuning is required.

Imagine them deciding it would make more lore sense to delay DH’s till after nighthold since thats when it really proved to the illidari that the factions were willing to do w/e it takes to stop the legion and the freeing of illidan solidified this for them.

6 Likes

That was a new class, not a new race, you are starting out as an Illidari whether Bllod Elf or Night Elf your relationship with the Illidari had already been established hundreds of years prior.

3 Likes

I guess you didn’t go to the 2:14 mark in the video where he discussed the REAL reason rather than the story reason.

Ok? The demon hunters have just as much cultural seperation between night elves and blood elves as a lot of the races in game. Have you ever played one? The customization alone makes them feel like a new race, regardless my enjoyment in legion was heavily influenced by experiencing it as a DH.

Yea because story wise it made more sense (according to blizzard) they matched them up with KT’s and because KT’s took way more development time it delayed Z trolls even further.

At the time of BlizzCon '17 KTs weren’t going to be an allied race at all, that’s why Zandalari were originally advertised for BfA launch.

1 Like

Maybe. But those are second violin to actual functionability. I’d rather have a race works and doesn’t bug clip and what not.

Balance can all be hotfixed after the fact without requiring a client update. Art/animation don’t have that luxury.

Nothing in the current story makes sense. It might be convenient that they join at the same time, but the Zandalari joining earlier would have made more sense than some character saying to themselves, “Hey, what about those guys from an alternate timeline?”

7 Likes

Yes I agree I think I saw a post about a regeneratin nerf not coming in the next ptr build but the one after all I can think is “Really? Two more ptr builds before this patch is even in the background downloader”
 Like if someone told me back in NOV 2017 “yea you wont see that race till like late MAR 2019 at the soonest” I’d have thought they were insane.

7 Likes