Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Hail War3 Players,

We’ve been following the discussions the past couple days and want to thank you for your feedback as well as your support. First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted, and we’d like to share our plans for what’s coming next.

There were a few hours during launch day where we experienced server-load issues that impacted players’ ability to jump right in, but we were able to resolve those later in the day. Separate from that, we’ve seen community feedback about different aspects of Reforged that we wanted to take some time to address.

Before we go on: the team is excited that Warcraft III: Reforged is finally upon us and we’re fully committed to supporting the game for a long time to come. The next few patches and updates we’ll discuss below are just part of our ongoing plans. This game is an integral part of the Blizzard DNA, with a team that loves Warcraft III, and we’re looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged and the Warcraft III community for the long term.

One of the concerns with Reforged that we’ve seen are the visuals when selecting Classic Mode. We’ve identified the bug causing the colors and shading to look different from the original Warcraft III, and we’re testing a fix that will be incorporated in a larger patch addressing this issue and others. We expect to release that late this week. The patch will also address many other known issues, such as fixing some portrait animations and audio bugs, implementing some UI fixes, and more. Please keep an eye out for the patch notes for a detailed list of all the bug fixes.

Another area of concern we’re seeing is regarding online features such as leaderboards and clans, which applies to all Warcraft III players, including those who haven’t purchased Reforged. At BlizzCon we talked a lot about how the team is actively working on standing up the back-end to ensure a smooth transition to this new MMR system, much like we did with StarCraft: Remastered. As with Remastered, these and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game. We’ll share release plans as work progresses in the coming weeks—please be assured that the team is hard at work on standing these features up.

There are some individual concerns we’ve seen that we’re not currently planning to address and we wanted to give the community a heads-up. As of Version 1.30 of the original game, we saw very low usage of tournaments and of the Reign of Chaos ruleset, so we removed both in mid-2019 (in Version 1.31). Eliminating the maintenance for underused elements has helped us streamline our overall support of the game and focus on areas impacting the most players. That said, we do anticipate that players who prefer Reign of Chaos will find custom games with similar rulesets, which we hope will help satisfy that concern.

Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art).

We know this update doesn’t address all questions, but we’re committed to the development and support of this game. We hope you’ll keep an eye out for this week’s patch and future updates and let us know what you think as we continue fine-tuning things. Until then, thank you as always for your support and passion for Warcraft III. We appreciate all your feedback and will continue to keep the Warcraft III community updated on everything we’re working on.

Sincerely,

The Warcraft III: Reforged Team

270 Likes

At least you said something…

**Update:**
Im must admit all of this is going too far

• Blizzard made a lot of mistakes, we all already know it and understand without any illusions, hope they too
  • To be honest, even if they made more politicaly correct letter, your reaction would be the same because words is’t action.
  • If they add all actual issues in hotfix to all what they already said this will sounds like a bluff. No time and no resources right now for all of it (because of refunds)
  • All what I see right now is how your emotions resonate with each other and destroy the remnants of sanity. I love WC3, like all of you, but I also love the WC3 community, this is my childhood and my second home, such as “XGM” or “Hive Workshop” (modmakers know what I’m talking about), and I can’t see without pain what happen to all of you guys. Please calm down just a little bit and don’t let the demon’s fire burn in your veins.

PS: Im apologize for my english(2d languange)

291 Likes

I can feel as person writing this hate each word.

218 Likes

I think a lot of players won’t come back or create custom maps till they fix the eula

373 Likes

Is anything going to be done about the poor optimization? I cannot even play custom games with low everything. I have an AMD Radeon R9 380series and an intel core i-4790K with 16GB of ram. Do I not meet recommended? Let alone minimum, there is no reason my GPU should be getting into the 90Celsius range…

edit: Forgot to include ‘R9’ in original

103 Likes

Question: If the EULA for custom map rights is really the issue, how would you handle something like 1 player making 1 small change to an already created map and claiming it as theirs?

43 Likes

Very Happy I got my refund when I did, the game is terrible and this does nothing to address it.

442 Likes

Keep up the good work. Of course it was known that Ladder, Clans, etc will come.

There is only “cutscenes” they will cry about now, that they want the “high graphics cutscenes”. Well, never mind them also. If high graphics cut-scenes is what stops them from playing this game, then … they don’t deserve to play it.

73 Likes

Ctrl+f , Custom Campaign

Results not found

:imp:

166 Likes

They can’t copyright your IDEA! What’s wrong with the EULA as is basically THE same as the old one.

18 Likes

Bring back the 2018 Demo UI

184 Likes

Summary:

• You aren’t ever going to actually apologize and acknowledge what you did, so instead will just say “sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted.”
  • You are fixing some of the bugs this week.
  • You are going to add the online features like clans and leaderboards that should have been there Day 1, but aren’t telling us when.
  • You aren’t going to give us the cutscenes that were promised, and are instead going to insist it’s because you want to “allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were.”
  • You aren’t going to address any of the other questions for a long time, if ever.

Why the hell should we waste any more energy on this company?

1167 Likes

Developers deserve better than this. I feel very bad for them.

152 Likes

I know I won’t.

10 Likes

The cutscenes are ok, you can change them a bit later, its something minor. Please fix the blackscreen, bad optimization and crashes problems first.

58 Likes

You don’t need to! It’s time to move on …

70 Likes

Got my refund. I’m done.

233 Likes

Please bring back actual Classic Warcrsft III… I dont want to be forced to new dubbing, bugs, missing features and Ui…
It always shouldve been like Starcraft Remastered preserving classic game in 100%…
Without these awful rules in ‘eula’. Save Classic WC3!

169 Likes

More empty words on broken promises.

320 Likes