Reign of Chaos Multiplayer returns to Battle.net!

As part of an ongoing effort to preserve old versions of Warcraft III, a beta version of a mod to allow the enjoyment of Reign of Chaos gameplay over bnet once again is now available.

DOWNLOAD
drive dot google dot com/file/d/1fXy4DQn9xzjAXCyrY9VJwZwjIlwBBknM/view

SETUP
A handful of pre-modded maps are included in the download, but other maps can be modded the same way by the following steps:

1. Open the map you want to modify in the World Editor.
  2. Save the map as a Scenario Folder and close it.
  3. Copy the contents of the DATA folder from the download into your newly-created map folder.
  4. Open the map folder in the World Editor and import W3-RoC-125-Objects.w3o (Object Editor -> File -> Import All Object Data)
  5. Ensure the Game Data Set (Scenario -> Map Options) is set to Default or Custom. If modifying a map that came with the game, you shouldn’t need to worry about this.
  6. Save the map as a Warcraft III Scenario (.w3x)
  7. Play it!

This also means you can make Reign of Chaos maps on Frozen Throne tilesets, although I wouldn’t recommend using Frozen Throne creeps or Mercenary Camps on them.

KNOWN ISSUES

• If not using CustomKeys, units will use their basic tooltips and hotkeys from Frozen Throne (ex. Train Flying Machine instead of Train Gyrocopter) This is a necessary evil to allow the use of CustomKeys.
  • Scorescreen graphics display Frozen Throne art.
  • Attack and Armor types have Frozen Throne tooltips.

Let me know if there are other issues or suggestions. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I think its horrible that blizzard destroyed RoC (even if its player base was small) but this seems like a lot of work to get back into it, I think most people who played RoC are more upset about losing their accounts with their stats and icons that they have had for years

1 Like

i was 13wins before thrall :frowning: