Pre-purchase Access to Classic

Thanks for clarifying that.

2 Likes

Thank you!

BTW: Please port over the matchmaking ranking system from starcraft :smiley:

5 Likes

Will players who already have ROC & TFT codes against their account receive additional codes when purchasing Reforged?

I’d love to gift Classic to some friends to help build the hype.

17 Likes

Does “awarding access” means giving us the cd-key? Because I recently submitted a support ticket about this issue and got this response:

" Hi,

This is Game Master Berctisirory here.

Thanks for contacting us about this. Warcraft 3: Reforged does not come with keys for the classic versions of the games. I am afraid that right now, we actually aren’t selling the classic versions."

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

I mean, it took 10 years to reskin a mobile game so this is actually quite fast.

4 Likes

Howdy Amarok and HHF,

Thanks for the questions that are top of mind for a lot of players.

“Will I get classic keys?”
No, we’re using the modern Battle.net system that is keyless (We’re fixing an issue with authentication during install - which is the hold up. Apologies.).

“Are you selling classic RoC/TFT?”
Yes and no. There will be only one client that plays both versions of the game - as with StarCraft: Remastered - so you get classic with Reforged.

Cheers,
Pete

23 Likes

W3 was a childhood pastime for me, and I am beyond excited for what is in store! I was at Blizzcon and tried the demo, and I have to say this is the quality product I had been looking for at the event. W3 went above my expectations and I cannot help myself and support content like this! The Dev team for classic games made my Blizzcon and eagerly look forward to playing the finished product! This feels like Blizzard of old… I could go on, but in short, phenomenal job, please do more stuff like this!

21 Likes

Keep up the good work guys, thank you for making a dream of many years come true at last! Cheers.

4 Likes

Why don’t you bypass it by making the Demo version installation that gave a “generic” Auth? by instead of limiting the gameplay where you need put in the Key after the Intro Campg levels, it all unlock by default?

Yayy!!! Dec 1st well get to see new players and more activity, hopefully WC3 will be on the Bnet launcher too for everybody to access easily! No more port forwarding 6112 means AT will live again!!!

Long Live WC3

8 Likes

Hi Classic Pete,

Thanks for the update. As 1.30.2 will require some major transition on our end, it would be great to get answers to following questions:

• Will everyone be able to host crossrealm and select the specific server region in 1.30.2?
  • Do you update the overall custom game hosting interface? If not, it will become a pain to find the right maps as map names rarely contain version info
  • Will the Battle . net ladder be crossrealm anytime soon?
  • Will 1.30.2 come with a ladder reset?

Thank you in advance
HighTac
FFAmasters . com

8 Likes

Seconding these questions. Many of us plan on continuing to play classic War3 right up until the day of Reforged’s release, and these questions are highly important for us.

1 Like

Thank you for yours work!!!

Regarding only 1 client, you should merge the ROC and TFT clients into 1 client. Make it work the same way as SC2.

Will people that have purchased Warcraft 3 and the frozen throne on battle net before you announced reforged also be given reforged?

3 Likes

Great news, thank you!!

Hi Pete + Team, Thanks a lot for clarifying this and the effort put into making this awesome change. :slight_smile:

This answers the questions I had, thank you so much for the update on this issue and thank you so much for bringing Warcraft III into the modern era, is like a dream come true.

Does this mean, we’ll be able to Update/Launch/Play WC3 Classic via Battlenet launcher after 1.30.2 patch on Dec 1st-ish?

1 Like

I have the same question! The ones who have purchased on battle net , will be given reforged?