Sombra nerf when?

it is primarily an issue with how deflect interacts with certain architecture but i have never argued against the idea that it’s visual should be updated

2 Likes

Ermmm…so watching a video of someone playing a hero like it is supposed to be and someone else who can’t seem to adapt to it, is a problem and requires an immediate nerf?
Gosh darn! Then I am eager to check that nerf coming to Genji and Tracer!

4 Likes

you heard it here first guys

you have to be able to tell the future to adapt

6 Likes

No, you experience the loss and hurt, then you adapt. If you don’t, then evolution wins, you’re out and crying over forums.

10 Likes

for some reason i dont think you’d be telling anyone to adapt if it was easier to aim tracer and genji’s primary fires than it was to hack players now

1 Like

We’re making some more changes to Sombra next patch to address these issues. There are two main changes coming:

1. Any time Sombra’s hack is interrupted by damage, hacking will go on cooldown for 2 seconds. With this change, Sombra will have to be more careful about choosing when and who to hack instead of just holding down the button and waiting for people to miss and/or reload etc.

2. There is currently a 0.1s window of time at the end of the hack where it cannot be canceled via line of sight or other effects (such as Tracer’s recall, Zarya bubbles, etc). This exists so it doesn’t constantly get broken by very small line of sight blockers such as light posts and signs, etc. We are removing this window and instead now using multiple LOS checks to make sure the small LOS blockers are still not a problem. In addition to this, we’re speeding up the update rate of her hacking so that it is more responsive in checking for these fail conditions. The combination of these things means it should be much more reasonable to respond to a hack targeting you.

The intent of all of her recent changes is still to increase her overall strength and viability. We’re keeping a close eye on her to make sure she lands in a good place.

341 Likes

well, that’s fine by me

27 Likes

its perfect, thanks for the answer daddy-o

14 Likes

#1 would be much better if you made it so that hack isn’t interrupted by a speck of dva fart from across the map. Can you please put some sort of very minimal damage threshold for interruption if you’re going to move forward with this change?

207 Likes

Crossing my fingers Doomfists gets this amount of care soon, :+1:

28 Likes

If D.Va is aware of you before you start to hack, you’re playing Sombra wrong.

49 Likes

amazing, as a sombra main im not ashamed to say this is a great change and a welcomed change.

20 Likes

you made me laught more then the usual with this. thanks im stealing this btw

11 Likes

And once again everyone overreacted for nothing

30 Likes

Forget it…
not playable… by this she will be nerfed to the ground…
you are eliminating all Sombra in game… period.

123 Likes

tears incoming :joy:

19 Likes

When’s this next patch coming?

Because I need it.

10 Likes

I agree entirely with the LOS checks. I appreciate the attention to detail.

13 Likes

That, is, fantastic. Thank you very kindly good sir, very well formulated changes.

2 Likes

Wow, this is actually quite good! Will she receive any compensation in return?

12 Likes