FACTS & RUMORS - Discussion of Hero Bans (updated)

I hope that they never implement hero bans myself

1 Like

Hell the same exact reasoning they gave back then applies now…it’s not like anything has actually changed…different meta…same game

1 Like

Thank you for this post. Everyone is acting like hero bans are already on the PTR, when from my perspective there’s not enough evidence to prove that Blizzard is even considering the idea.

I think Metro also said hero bans might be coming.

I’m just curious, what do you not like about the idea of hero bans specifically?

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate your effort to clear the air here of the rumor. It has gotten out of hand.

2 Likes

If they do implement this, having a true one-trick on your team is going to be really bad. Really, really bad. Either they’ll leave, or they’ll be… not… good, let’s just say.

1 Like

It comes right down to the same logic that the development team has, I wish I had access to the post, but when it comes down it, I want to watch the best players in the world play the heroes they are good at and not be dictated to what teams vote on. I also would feel pretty bad if I was not allowed to play Pharah on Lijang Tower or Numbani or Tracer on Oasis (which I am really good at in those scenarios). When it comes right down to it, this is a video game. And while certain heroes do feel too powerful and unfair to play against, I much rather have that than have others force me off heroes I like.

16 Likes

Why do people even buy into these streamer and youtuber speculations? It’s all just ways to get more clicks.

If Blizzard hasn’t said it officially, then I really don’t care about speculation or “”"“LEAKS”""".

EDIT: And thus Jeff has shown up, putting to rest all these fake leaks and rumors. Once again, proof that you should never believe anything until it is made official. Thank goodness.

3 Likes

This is the problem. We need these channels to shut up.

8 Likes

There was also a tweet from @Metro_OW yesterday saying the dev team has been working on hero bans for a while, and apparently he has leaked major things in the past; I don’t follow him personally so I don’t know his history of reliability in this regard. That tweet coupled with Emongg’s tease is the cause of discussion about hero bans. It is still a rumor, of course, which even the original tweet said should be taken with a grain of salt, but it wasn’t a blind leap of logic from nonspecific tease to hero bans.

I just updated the information appropriately as I got the news on it recently.

1 Like

Hero bans are just the topic of the week, people will forget about it and move on.

2 Likes

Didn’t he literally leak OW 2?

He did, but the leaks overall were widespread from other sources as well.

Didn’t they hint at guilds a long time ago? There was supposed to be some other big community feature wasn’t there?

The development team have expressed “interest” in guilds and there have been no new news on this for some time. The problem with “guilds” in Overwatch is a lot of the same reasons why the Looking for Group tool is not very effective (group stacks will face against other group stacks per matchmaking rules).

1 Like

Yeah hero bans aren’t going to happen simply because it’s a bad idea, but I’m happy to see what other stuff they’ve come up with :slight_smile:

Yes. He does. He says that he does know they are working on them. The only thing he is unsure of is the timing. He doesn’t know if it will be THIS big update or a future one.

Jeff Kaplan did respond to another thread about the lack of developer update videos saying one is coming toward the end of the month, but did not specify or hint at what is to come.

So if anything, the developers are more than aware now of the recent topics trending on the forums…

Actually I did. But that’s okay. it was from a Jeff interview on a stream I heard him say OW1.

No limits removed, 2-2-2 role lock, and hero bans…why do I feel like a noose is progressively being tightened and tightened around the neck of Overwatch?

3 Likes