Any News on the Hanzo rework?

When will it come to ptr? After Brigette’s releases?

1 Like

The animation, visual effects and sound work are scheduled to begin post-Brigitte release. PTR will be after that. Hoping for a PTR sometime in April.

127 Likes

Thank you sir! Hope this hump day is going well for the team over there!

3 Likes

Nice (20 characters)

1 Like

Damn, looks like Symm won’t be touched until after season 10 then.

3 Likes

And Sym/Torb? I promise not to tell :3

1 Like

Ahhhh so excited. :star_struck:

1 Like

Jeff has spoken. We wait untill april

3 Likes

Been trying to get some info on this… Thanks
One more thing…
Will the “simple geometry” achievement be able to be gotten by a double Volley kill or can we expect a new way to get it entirely?

1 Like

It’s starting to feel like Hanzo is low on your list of priorities :frowning_face:

2 Likes

This is the transparency we’ve wanted. Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Hopefully with some more of those Doomfist buffs that have been continually talked about but not seen.

Sloww…
(needed characters)

4 Likes

Would it be worth considering pushing to the PTR before the animation, visual effects, and sound work get done when the item in question is a significant change or replacement of an existing ability?

That would potentially allow for an item to have more time on the PTR without significantly harming the speed of release (It’d also be fun to get a look and feel first hand on what the abilities function like in development) and would somewhat raise the threshold for the change getting a positive reception. Frequently when an ability gets changed it’s because a fair number of people dislike it. This can cloud the feedback from the people that dislike it and can lead to changes hitting live that people quickly find they do not want.

If the visuals and audio aren’t that great the character may have less appeal on the PTR and may not be used on both sides in every match which can provide better data on how it’s balanced. I’ve probably had 40 hours on the PTR in the last year and I doubt I’ve been in 30 matches that didn’t have the changed hero on both teams. This makes it very hard to say how balanced a changed hero actually is when you’ve got them on both teams as they can balance each other out if they are OP or UP.

Finally, if something goes wrong or not as well as you’d like you won’t have spent as much time on the audio and visuals and you won’t have the temptation to push something to live you aren’t sure on to avoid feeling you’d be wasting the money/people’s efforts.

3 Likes

When may we see Brigitte’s release?

Any chance it could be made so that volley’s arrows bounce like scatter’s shards did? that way he can keep one of the more fun aspects of his kit, like working with angles? some of the concern over this rework is that he’s losing an ability that made him unique and different from other heroes and games, especially after having it for almost 2 years now, so it would really help to hear some feedback on the subject for those of us that are nervous to see scatter go.

4 Likes

Why does it take so long to make two relatively simple abilities?

1 Like

I mean, this is what they SHOULD do, whether they WILL do it or not is entirely up to them…considering they have only just started telling us what potential hero reworks are, I doubt they would consider putting unfinished abilities on the PTR. They said they would increase Hanzo’s projectile speed, why isn’t that on the PTR? That’s literally a custom game setting already in game. I see no reason why they can’t stagger the release of Hanzo’s abilities onto PTR so we can test stuff earlier, and for longer…

4 Likes

Torb Rework too pls. Give him extended ammo drop 25%. ammo packs or dispenser.

Testing, more testing, comparing ideas, coding, animation, art, sound effects (creating sounds from scratch isnt as easy as you think), voice over.

Its a lot of work that isnt done in just an 8 hour shift.

2 Likes